Creating an atmosphere that promotes customer and employee success every day
Our purpose is to create a culture where the right people come to work, stay and achieve their potential.
Just listen to our employees...
Click on an employee name to hear their story.
Ordinary people doing extraordinary things
Over the past 80 years, we’ve built a unique culture where every employee is an equal owner in the company…where we value continuous improvement…where we give back to the community…and where every investment we make is made to improve service for you.
Our beliefs (5Ps)
- We have a culture that is committed to the development and well being of our people.
- We don’t run the business to make a profit…we make a profit to run the business.
- We are blessed by our communities and our place in them. We support our communities with our time, talents and monetary treasures.
- We strive to take care of those who provide us the opportunity to be in business.
- Continuous imProvement is essential for our future. We believe in improvements happening every day, from everyone.
Our people make the difference
In January 2005, Van Meter became 100% employee-owned. This means that everyone working for our company is an owner with a stake in our future. As owners, our people are empowered to make decisions, take educated and calculated risks and do what they feel is right to best serve our customers. Learn more about the Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP).