Our flexible solutions save you time and increase productivity
Since 1928, our customers have been our number one priority. We know that your success depends on the quality of the service we provide. If that means changing a service or trying something new, we’re happy to give it a try.
Van Meter Inc. believes that new solutions for individual customers frequently lead to better service for everyone. Whether the unique service you need involves delivery methods, training opportunities, project management, product support or something entirely new – we want to talk to you about a solution.
Counter sales stores: Our expert staff at each of our 12 locations provides customers with the products and expertise you need. To make things even easier, you can call ahead and we’ll have your order ready before you arrive.
Custom wire and cable [video]: There’s more to wire than just making cuts. Our wire management services save you hours of time and include pulling head installation, single cuts and parallel cuts with labeling, multi-conductor bundling and the ability to manage customer wire scrapes.
GMS parts and services: From repairs and exchanges to upgrades and re-certifications, we’ll take care of all your parts-related services. We are also your source for scheduling Rockwell Automation service calls, installed base evaluations, software support and much more.
Industry events: We make it easy for you to attend the industry’s leading conferences, trainings and trade shows by organizing networking opportunities and travel packages.
Inventory management: Are you losing time and money because of an ineffective inventory system? With Van Meter’s inventory management, a product specialist will visit your facilities on a regular basis to organize and manage your inventory and replenish your stock as needed. Our inventory management services are designed to reduce your labor and transportation costs and drive inventory optimization.
- Lighting and energy audits: Let a Van Meter specialist determine the best ways to retrofit your facilities for adequate lighting that reduces energy consumption and saves you money.
- Lighting design: Van Meter’s experienced lighting design team starts by understanding your unique needs, reviewing your blueprint, then designing a layout that will ensure the proper amount of light.
National accounts: Van Meter offers the convenience of purchasing your electrical products through one nationwide supplier while you can enjoy the relationship, inventory and technical support we provide on a local level.
Online order entry: Save time and money by accessing your account with Van Meter’s secure, self-serve, online ordering management system. This online account allows you to create and review quotes, check real-time stock and inventory, place an order and review your order history.
Overnight product delivery: Every night, Van Meter sends delivery trucks from Cedar Rapids to each branch. If we don’t have a product in today, you can be sure we’ll have it in as soon as possible.
Product specialists: Van Meter product specialists are experts who recommend the right product at the right price to perfectly fit your needs. Our areas of expertise include automation, lighting, data communications, power transmission and enclosures.
Project management and construction services:
- Project estimation/quotations: We have a team dedicated to estimating the lighting, Motor Control Center (MCC) and gear on your project. You can be confident that you’ll receive a thorough bid of the products you’ll need to get your project done, and that they will be available to answer your questions.
- Job trailers: Van Meter provides job trailers to serve as your “warehouse on wheels.” Our trailers are a safe, convenient way to access inventory, keep costs down and easily replenish supply.
- Project coordination: When your workforce is on hand but your materials are not, you may be wasting money. A Van Meter project coordinator can carefully track the progress of your project and work diligently to keep you informed of any problems or delays.
Renewable energy services: We’re committed to providing our customers with comprehensive renewable energy services. This includes project inventory and management to reduce your expenses and optimize your time; wind farm maintenance that keeps your turbines in optimal working order; custom wire and cable orders that enable you to save time; and SCADA architecture design.
Returns [Returns Form]: Van Meter believes returns should be easy and painless. Our returns service is specially designed to make the process as simple as possible. And, if you’re within our delivery area – we’ll pick up the return for you!
Sales team: Van Meter provides customers with a team of inside and outside sales representatives. This team works closely to provide each customer with the utmost attention, providing them with the highest quality of service.
- Outside sales team: Our outside sales representatives will visit your facility on a regular basis to understand your daily challenges and needs. They will keep you up-to-date on the newest products and training available as well as provide insight and solutions to any challenges you may have.
- Inside Sales Team: Inside sales representatives at Van Meter serve as your day-to-day experts. They assist you with immediate needs for quotes and order placement while making sure your order is completed exactly as you requested – saving you time and money.
SCADA system layout: Our DataComm specialists will help you design a robust SCADA architecture. From Ethernet switches and copper cabling to fiber cable or vibration monitoring, we’ll determine the right products to fit your application.
Sustainability services: Our knowledgeable and experienced product specialists help our customers cut energy costs, provide recycling programs, stay up-to-date with changes in legislation and provide innovative options for funding sustainable projects.
TechConnect support: Improve productivity and reduce downtime and time to market by obtaining the technical information you need when you need it. With TechConnect support, your business has unlimited, real-time access to Rockwell Automation’s global network of SCP-certified Customer Support Centers and technical resources.
Technical support: One call to our Technical Support Center puts you in touch with specialists trained by suppliers to give you application support, help with technical troubleshooting and provide on-site assistance. We even offer training sessions that cover your most common issues. Or, we can work with you to develop training customized to your specific application.
Tool management: Tired of losing time because of misplaced or broken tools on the job site? With Van Meter’s tool management services, we’ll make sure your tools are organized and maintained to optimal performance.
Training [Training Page]: Van Meter provides customers with a full-time training center and regular schedule of industry-specific courses. Whether you’re looking to learn more about a particular application, pick up required credits or seek on-site training for installation, our training center has you covered.