About Van Meter Inc.
For more than 80 years, Van Meter Inc. has provided customers with the right high-quality electrical and mechanical products exactly when you need them. But that’s just the tip of the iceberg.
We pride ourselves on offering much more than just reliable products – we work every day to provide you with services and solutions that make life on the job site easier and more efficient while reducing your total installed cost.
What types of solutions do we provide?
When it comes to Van Meter services and solutions, the sky’s the limit. We love when customers challenge us to develop a unique solution to meet their unique needs.
Van Meter services five primary areas:
- Electrical – We offer an extensive array of electrical products that are supported by experienced specialists, including lighting, automation, commodities, gear, wire and enclosures. Thanks to our local inventory, product specialists and efficient shipping options, our customers can expect fast and simple solutions.
- Lighting – The U.S. Department of Energy estimates that lighting accounts for about 40% of electricity consumption in commercial buildings. Van Meter has an extensive line of lighting products and knowledgeable, experienced lighting specialists to help you save money while reducing energy consumption. Our lighting specialists help you choose the right type and amount of light for your unique needs, while staying up-to-date on the latest legislation and most efficient products.
- Power Transmission – Van Meter offers a complete line of power transmission products for all of your mechanical needs. This was recently strengthened with our acquisition of IDC-USA. The power of our vendor partnerships, along with our team of specialists who have extensive field application and industry experience, provide you with the expertise needed for a total solution.
- DataComm – Van Meter’s DataComm division provides a complete solution for your structured cabling, CCTV, audio/visual, outside plat, network design, plant floor and many other applications. With our dedicated, experienced specialists and in-stock inventory of more than 200 top-tier manufacturers’ products, we can assist you in finding multiple solutions to your data communication needs.
- Automation – With the Van Meter automation team, you’ll find a consistent and high level of technical experience and service. Our expert team provides consultative sales and support based on trust and a singular focus: your success. We excel in industrial controls, safety, sensors, industrial network connectivity, variable frequency drives, programmable logic controllers, human machine interfaces, motion control and information solutions software and services.
Who are our customers?
Based in the Midwest, Van Meter serves customers in the industrial, commercial, contractor, utility and OEM markets. Our mission is to be a key part of our customers’ competitive advantage and success.
How are we your competitive advantage?
We have an unparalleled level of customer service. Our people make the difference at Van Meter. As a 100% employee-owned company, we treat each other – and our customers – like family. We’re committed to sharing what we know to make sure everyone succeeds. Learn more about Van Meter’s employee-owned philosophy.
We supply superior products. The options for electrical and mechanical products can be overwhelming. Our expert product specialists recommend and select the right products from our more than 700 suppliers to fit your exact needs. Learn more about our extensive product selection.
We customize solutions and services. Your success is our priority. Every step of the way, we work to find flexible solutions and the best ways for you to save time and be more productive. We strive to raise the bar and deliver better service for all. Find out how we can provide you with a custom solution.
We’re a company that gives back. Not only are we known for integrity and quality when it comes to our products and services, we also give back to the communities around us. Our company regularly donates to local charities and employee-owners spend countless hours volunteering.
Take the next step:
If you’d like to experience our customer-centered service, contact a member of our team. We’re happy to provide more information and help you get started.