Business Continuity Response to COVID-19: Van Meter Designated as Essential to Critical Infrastructure
As a supplier to manufacturers and contractors in food supply, health services, utility operations and more, Van Meter and its employee owners are recognized by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security as “essential to critical infrastructure” during the COVID 19 response. This means that if “Shelter In Place” policies are enacted within our geographic service areas we will remain operational.
Our distribution center and will call areas remain open for business. Our employee owners are taking precautions when interacting with customers and we are conducting hourly cleaning to ensure the highest sanitation practices. We continue to make scheduled deliveries. Please let us know if you have adjusted your business practices or are restricting access to any areas of your facility or jobsite.
- Until further notice, Van Meter’s sales and support service teams are working remotely. This type of “social distancing” is strongly recommended by health and government officials and is one way we can help slow the spread of COVID 19 where we work and live.
- While there will be a limited number of people onsite in our offices and we are working in new and different ways, rest assured our teams are equipped with the technology they need to serve you in a prompt, effective and safe manner from wherever they may be.
- All in person Van Meter trainings, tours and events have been postponed. Additionally, our employee owners have been asked to refrain from non-essential travel.
- We are constantly evaluating the health, wellness and safety of our employee owners.
- We will continue to monitor the COVID-19 situation and respond appropriately.
- We know you count on us for the products you need to run your business and to complete projects for others. Please know we take this responsibility seriously and are taking steps to mitigate anticipated supply chain disruptions.
- We are in regular communication with our key manufacturing partners to understand their production status and ability to fulfill orders. Many of them are prioritizing shipments, securing additional freight capacity, and planning for overtime across their manufacturing operations.
- At this time, we expect high tech automation components, lighting, wiring devices, electronics, select conduit fittings, PPE, and industrial supply and cleaning supplies to be the most affected product categories. We took steps in late February to boost our inventory of these products, as well as other high volume, fast moving items. Much of this product is already onsite at our distribution center. We will continue evaluating inventory levels and respond as new information presents itself; however, the duration and extent of supply chain disruption will vary by manufacturer and remains unknown.
- If you have specific questions about product availability or Van Meter’s preparedness efforts, please call 1-800-247-1410, or contact your Van Meter account representative. We value your business and appreciate your understanding during this dynamic and changing situation.