Poor lighting can shrink profits and affect the comfort and productivity in your business space. Now is the time to enhance your building performance while improving your bottom line. Van Meter is proud to be a participating trade ally in MidAmerican Energy’s Commercial Energy Solutions Program. For a limited time, MidAmerican Energy is offering significant incentives to qualifying customers for lighting retrofit projects.
Let Van Meter, its network of qualified electrical contractors, and MidAmerican Energy make installing energy efficient lighting easy and more affordable.
TO QUALIFY, YOU MUST:
- Receive primary electric service from MidAmerican Energy in Iowa
- Have an annual electric usage of 500,000 kWh or less
- Occupy less than 50,000 square feet
- Receive landlord approval (if applicable)
- Have an approved contractor/trade ally install the lighting
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- On-site lighting evaluation: Contact us to schedule a no-cost, no-risk, on-site, lighting evaluation.
- Decide on improvements: Following the evaluation you will receive a proposal detailing recommended lighting improvements. Consider the payback and rebate information, then decide which upgrades to pursue.
- Complete upgrades: One of Van Meter’s qualified electrical contractor partners will complete the lighting installation.
- Save energy and money: MidAmerican Energy will pay up to 65 percent of your project cost directly to the contractor. You simply pay the balance. Plus, you enjoy long-term savings on your energy costs.
Note | Energy saving rebates are calculated based on $0.16/kWh saved in the first year. Prescriptive rebates are provided as a flat rate based on equipment installed.
Pay less, save more
See how instant incentives helped businesses like yours pay just a fraction of their lighting project costs:
|TOTAL CUSTOMER COST||$3,782||$2,153||$9,091||$3,815||$1,525|
|ENERGY SAVINGS||53,432 kWh||18,864 kWh||67,562 kWh||30,035 kWh||6,427 kWh|
|PAYBACK PERIOD||10.5 months||1.1 years||1.3 years||1.6 years||3 years|
NOTE: All lighting must meet MidAmerican Energy lighting rebate requirements and qualifications.
Timing is Everything
Act now to win with lighting rebates
As energy efficient LED lighting becomes main stream, electric utility companies are decreasing rebates and policy makers have suggested phasing out incentive programs. Take advantage of available funds while they last.
Now is the time to upgrade your facility lighting. Remaining energy-efficiency rebates are especially strong for making the switch from HID to LED lighting. Make sure your warehouse, industrial setting or parking lot lighting is as safe, efficient and effective as possible.
Save on energy and maintenance costs while improving employee productivity and safety.
- LEDs use up to 75% less energy, last up to 25 times longer
- Save at least $120 in energy costs over the life of the bulb
- LED bulbs last up to 12 years or more, reducing replacement and maintenance costs significantly
- LED bulbs are also more durable, reducing instances of breakage
In the News
- Second bill emerges in Iowa to cut energy efficiency programs
- Iowa lawmakers advance bill to limit energy efficiency funding and possibly open door to fees on solar customers